Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the most explored & hottest trends in technology world these days. The Internet of Things have the responsibilities of transforming the real world objects into intelligent virtual objects. Internet of things companies aim to bring together everything in the world under a single infrastructure, granting people control of things around them. It can be defined as physical objects that connect to the internet through embedded systems & sensors, interacting with it to generate significant results and accessibility to the end-user community.
The technology has impacted all facets of tech development and, of course, the way that websites are designed & developed also.
Objective of Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
Objective behind the Internet of Things is to constitute a connection between physical and cyber world. It also enables these two worlds to get integrated together. Internet of Things also flourishes and leads the Information technology in new horizons of science.
Internet of Things platform enables networking to flourish and lead towards revolution in industry of information technology. IoT is a sensor and collector combination based network with an aim to connect people, systems and applications for sharing and collecting data.
Design Considerations for IoT Interaction
As a website Design Company our team is aware and knowledgeable of the different considerations for design and IoT interactions. Some design concerns mandatory to let users interact with IoT devices are following:
- Back End: To allow users to interact with IoT devices, a way of establishing communications among them is a must, as it is necessary to have an established medium. Since each device has various commands, capabilities and data, it could transmit & receive exactly how to communicate device to device.
- User Interface: An IoT web-based app user interface should be intuitive, fast & clean. All the standard usability best performance would be brought to bear when it comes to designing the interface, which include feedback, good user assistance and logical flow.
- Security and Privacy: As the IoT is becoming more important component of the technology its security is vital. The security system should be based on confidentiality, authenticity and availability. For security purpose through digital signatures a public key infrastructure is required. As downside of IoT is that, it presents more opportunities for hackers. If one could unlock a web-connected front door, a hacker potentially could do the same and help himself to reach the contents of the home.
- Power Management: It is important to understand the part of power management and preservation in IoT development. A lot of techniques can be use to minimize the energy usage. IoT devices are battery-powered and wireless; excessive back-and-forth communications would impulsively drain the battery. Communications should be designed to minimize power usage.
- Speed: Unlike common websites, where requests go to a web server that sends back data, there’s another communications leg involved between an IoT device and web server. This possibly means more potential and the observation of slow response of users. Therefore, design approaches for slow connections must be assumed.
- Testing Considerations: Testing an IoT website is a bit more complex than it is for a traditional website.
Technology used in IoT
As IoT is consisted of multi-layer technology that provides abilities of provisioning, management and automation of connected devices with in universe, so IoT can be wearing different hats depending on how we look at it, some technology sets used in IoT are given below;
Amazon web services (AWS) is a comprehensive and broadly evolving cloud computing source provided by Amazon. In IoT, AWS is playing a vital role. AWS lets devices to connect easily and securely with cloud applications and other devices, it gets data, run it analytically and takes action accordingly as AWS is a reliable and secure route.
- AWS SNS
It is simple notification services (SNS) by Amazon that is web service which enables applications, end users and devices to send instantly and receive notifications from the cloud. It is highly secure and durable messaging service predominantly for mobile users.
- AWS LAMBDA
It is a service that allows code to run without provisioning or managing servers. It runs code in response to events and automatically manages the underlying compute resources. AWS LAMBDA is also can be used to enhance other AWS services with custom logic.
- AWS Amplify
AWS Amplify is an open source JAVA script provided by Amazon, it is designed to give a declarative interface to client developers looking to perform common actions using cloud services in scalable manners. The aim of AWS Amplify is to enable applications to scale via cloud services and accelerate production.
- MQTT Protocol
MQTT is machine- to- machine (M2M) Internet of Things connectivity protocol which is an extremely lightweight publish-subscribe communication model useful for connection in remote locations where small code footprint is the order of the day.
Many opportunities to make lives easier
The arrival of the internet of things presents a lot of opportunities to build innovative, new and useful apps to make people’s lives easier. It is good to know that the IoT development landscape is improving day by day, but present ecosystem still is rampant with difficult-to-use and fragile devices, most of which come with different communication protocols & security errors that prevent seamless integrations.
Every single person with a smartphone is experiencing the internet of things at some point or the other. In the not-so-far future, businesses would be seen having benefits via a combination of wireless and sensor technologies for tracking the buying behavior of the customer. On one hand, customers would use the internet of things technologies to get maximum customized products as well as personalized services automatically. The analytics and sensors allow people to track their health and control their home appliances as well. So a great number of things are going to be affected by IoT, web designing and development.
Impact of IoT on Web Design
The development of IoT has already begun to strive its influence on web design. Here are some considerations for businesses when building websites, as well as web-based user interfaces:
- Business sites should approach the growing sophisticated ability to respond to personalized data from web-enabled devices.
- IoT has a strong impact on business site, activities should interact more directly with IoT devices. Just as homes our workplaces are also being more strongly getting affected by inventions of technology such as the Internet of things, for example, a surge in search queries or an uptick in online purchases for a certain product could impact the machine’s activities immediately for both those companies that manufacture and those who distribute.
- Flexible, clean user interfaces are imperative. Responsive websites that look good on screens of various sizes is domineering. IoT has many demands of user interfaces and website design; people will not interact with various devices in the same manner.
Audacity24 (#ADS) have many years of experience as a Website Development Company with a team of expert professionals who are well-versed in using the cutting-edge tools while developing customized Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. We can help you in designing, architecting, wearable app development, consulting & implementation of an IoT solution with operation support.
For schedule, a meeting or hire IoT developers from ADS, Contact us & experience how connected devices can change your complex business processes into user-friendly & simple ones.